This is the corner of our site dedicated to the sharp-eyed and steal trap mind and focus of Quincy!
Quest IRA does not provide tax, legal or investment advice, but we surround ourselves with those who are much smarter than us on investments and investment strategy, our clients.
The Dangers of Checkbook Control IRAs
A very popular idea in the self-directed IRA industry is to have what some have termed a “checkbook control” IRA. These have been under attack by the IRS. Click the link below to listen to Quest IRA President H. Quincy Long talk about the dangers of Checkbook Control IRA LLCs
Click Here To Listen
Read Articles By Quincy:
- “Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!” – New Reporting Requirements for Self-Directed IRAs (12/23/2013)
- Checkbook IRA LLC Pros and Cons with Quincy Long Hosted by Cash Flow Depot (Teleconference) (10/22/2012)
- Coverdell ESA & Partnering Accounts (4/6/2015)
- Flipping Real Estate Options in an SDIRA (8/4/2014)
- How many Real Estate transactions can I complete in a calendar year? (1/30/2014)
- How to Stretch a Roth IRA to Last More Than 150 Years (1/30/2012)
- MAJOR CHANGE in interpretation of 60 day rollover rule (1/31/2014)
- Roth Conversions and their 5 year clock (4/23/2015)
- Roth Guidelines for my investment (7/13/2015)
- Seller Financed Real Estate (3/18/2015)
- Small Business Today Magazine (4/13/2012)
- U. S. Supreme Court Rules that Inherited IRAs Are Not Protected In Bankruptcy (6/16/2014)
Listen to H. Quincy Long explain some of the top investment strategies of some of our most successful clients.
Get More Self-Directed IRA Options with Real Estate Options!
In this presentation H. Quincy Long will talk about the power of using Real Estate Options as an investment strategy in a self-directed IRA. Real Estate Options, and options in general, are one of the most underutilized investment strategies in self-directed IRAs. A properly structured real estate options agreement has the potential of paying off in many different ways. Having as many investment options as possible is one the important factors in being a successful investor. Some may call it having all the proper investment tools to work with but really it is just having as many different investment options available to your IRA as possible. Take this opportunity to add another tool to your investment tool belt and come learn about real estate options in self-directed IRAs.
IRA Web Advisor has more Quincy!
Your IRA Can Do Real Estate
H. Quincy Long, CEO Quest IRA, Inc. on www.myreiadvisor.com teleclass
- What is a self directed IRA and what is the difference from a regular IRA?
- What are some of the benefits of self directed IRAs?
- What investments are Quest client purchasing with their self directed IRA?
- If you want to buy a property do you have to by it cash or can you finance it?
- Do you need an LLC to buy real estate in your IRA?
H. Quincy Long is featured in the PREMIER edition of Small Business Today!
Who is H.Quincy Long?
H. Quincy Long is President of Quest IRA, a self-directed IRA third party administrator, with offices in Mason Michigan and Houston, Dallas, and Austin, Texas.
H.Quincy Long has been a licensed Texas attorney since 1991 who specializes in real estate, and has been a fee attorney for American Title Company. He has sat on the board of directors of the Realty Investment Club of Houston (RICH), the second largest real estate club in the country. Quincy received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1990 from the University of Houston. He received his Master of Laws, also from the University of Houston, 1997. Quincy also holds the title of CISP (Certified IRA Service Professional).
Quincy is also the author of numerous articles on self-directed IRAs and other real estate related topics, and is editor and co-author of the book Real Estate Investment Using Self-Directed IRAs and Other Retirement Plans by Dyches Boddiford and George Yeiter, CPA.